Work undertaken by TREP, in conjunction with the Wood Window Alliance, the British Woodworking Federation, and the Timber Trade Federation has defined a simplified range of engineered timber components which will be available from timber and builders merchants on an ex-stock basis.
The aim is to enable smaller to medium-sized joinery companies have easier access to engineered components geared to manufacturing windows for today’s market at a more competitive price.
The range and specification offers a wide number of benefits to all joinery manufacturers
- FSC / PEFC certified timber
- Available ex-stock - an ‘off the shelf’ range from merchants across the UK
- High volume range to suit common UK Joinery sizes
- Sizes available for casement and vertical slider windows and for external door and door-frames
- Specification suited for UK market conditions
- Reduces waste – no knots / defect-free
- Dimensional stability – less propensity to warp, twist or bow
- Reduced costs – no need for sorting / reduces rejects / less waste Improved product performance
All sections will comply to:-
EN 942:2007 : Timber in Joinery - General requirements
EN 13307-1:2006 : Timber blanks and semi-finished profiles for non-structural uses - Part 1: Requirements
CEN/TS 13307-2:2009 : Timber blanks and semi-finished profiles for non-structural uses - Part 2: Production control and testing
EN 14220: Timber and wood-based materials in external windows, external door leaves and external door frames - Requirements and specifications
Follow the link to download a pdf information sheet on range sizes.