Britain’s Top Tradesperson 2018 competition has launched this month (May, 2018) inviting joiners and carpenters from across Britain to be recognised for the great work that they do in keeping our homes and local businesses in the best condition.
The annual competition, organised by Screwfix and supported by Mitsubishi Motors in the UK, aims to highlight and recognise the great work tradespeople do. This year's winner not takes home the coveted title of Britain's Top Tradesperson 2018, which will transform their business, but they also drive away in a brand new Mitsubishi L200 Warrior pick-up truck worth £33,000 (OTR).
Screwfix will select the best tradespeople to face-off in regional heats and from there, 10 finalists from across the UK will head to Wembley Stadium for the national final in July, where they will compete in front of an esteemed judging panel consisting of industry experts.
Caroline Welsh, Director of Brand and Marketing at Screwfix, said: “The award is only given to top tradespeople who can demonstrate that they go above and beyond in their trade. It’s for those who can show how they are adapting to change in the industry, have a positive impact on their community, invest in the future of the trade or show true professionalism in every job they complete. This is our biggest competition of the year, designed to showcase the fantastic tradespeople in the industry.
“It’s the ninth year we have run this competition and we want to continue to celebrate and reward successful tradespeople from all across the UK that deliver quality work, often without gaining recognition they deserve.”
Winning can truly transform a tradespersons life. Business is booming for last year’s winner, Lluis Dalmau, owner of LCD Heating and Gas Services.
“My business is my pride and joy, so to win the title of Britain’s Top Tradesperson meant so much to me. My customer base has grown more than I could ever imagine and I now have extra confidence to take my business to the next level. I think it’s fantastic that
Screwfix run a competition like this – if you think you’ve got what it takes, make sure to enter now – you’ll never look back,” said Lluis.
The British Woodworking Federation commented: “Britain’s Top Tradesperson competition is a superb platform as it gives joiners and carpenters the recognition they deserve on a national scale. If you’ve recently taken a course to upgrade your skill-set, completed a complex job, or prove that you run your business with customers in mind then this competition is for you and we are urging you to represent the best of the woodworking trades.”
Rob Lindley, Managing Director of Mitsubishi Motors in the UK, commented, “British tradespeople are not only the backbone of the economy, they’re also a pivotal part of every community in the UK. They are there to help us when things go wrong, they work with us to make improvements to our homes, gardens, businesses and lives and we are proud to do our bit to help Britain’s top tradesperson by providing them with a Mitsubishi vehicle that’s every bit as dependable, hard-working and cost-effective as they are.”
Entries are open until 3 June 2018, with regional finalists selected and competing later that month. In July the finalists will compete at the national finale, with the overall winner being named Britain’s Top Tradesperson 2018.
To find out more, visit your local Screwfix store or go to screwfix.com/btt to enter directly.
Note to editors
Screwfix is part of Kingfisher plc, the international home improvement company, with nearly 1,200 stores in 10 countries in Europe, Russia and Turkey. For further information go to www.kingfisher.com.
Screwfix is convenient, straightforward and affordably-priced, helping its trade customers get the job done quickly, affordably and right first time. Tradespeople can shop 30,000 products over the phone, online, via their mobile or in-person from their local store.
• From power tools and work wear to cables and pipe fittings, Screwfix offers over 11,000 products available to pick up from over 570 stores nationwide. Our full range of over 30,000 products can be ordered over the phone, online or from a local store, with orders taken up until 8pm (weekdays) for next day delivery to home or site.
• Screwfix.com attracts 2.6 million unique visitors per week.
• The Screwfix Click & Collect service means customers can conveniently purchase supplies online or over the phone and then collect from the store in as little as one minute.
• Customers can call the UK-based Screwfix Contact Centre 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (including bank holidays) on 03330 112 112.
• UK stores are open 7 days a week, from 7am – 8pm Weekdays, 7am – 6pm Saturdays and 9am – 4pm Sundays. Excludes selected stores. See www.screwfix.com/stores for details.
• London store are open from 6am – 10pm on weekdays
• World leading customer satisfaction levels.
• Screwfix was voted the 5th highest rated UK company for work-life balance by Glassdoor Employees' Choice Awards in 2016.
• Screwfix was awarded Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work in 2017 and 2018.
• Screwfix was awarded Retail Week’s Customer Experience Initiative in 2017.
• In 2016, Screwfix sales surpassed £1bn for the first time.
• Screwfix was awarded 2nd place in Retail Week’s Best Employer Rankings in 2017.
• Screwfix was awarded South West Contact Centre Forum’s Large Contact Centre of the Year Award in 2017.
• For more information about Screwfix please visit our media centre: www.screwfixmedia.co.uk
ABOUT MITSUBISHI MOTORS IN THE UK
Mitsubishi Motors built its first cars in 1917 and over the past century has established a reputation for tough, reliable and extremely capable vehicles, particularly in terms of all-terrain and 4X4 vehicles such as the Mitsubishi Shogun and L200 pickup. In 2014 it launched the game-changing Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV which is not only the UK’s best-selling plug-in hybrid vehicle, it also remains the most advanced and efficient vehicle in its class. In 2018, two more class-leading vehicles join the Mitsubishi range – the Eclipse Cross and the Shogun Sport. For more details visit www.mitsubishi-cars.co.uk
For more information, please contact:
Stephanie Jenkins Stephanie.Jenkins@McCann.com / Matthew Allen Matthew.thomas-allen@Mccann.com at McCann Public Relations, Tel: 0121 713 3579