Following a number of Belarusian-UK events in timber sector in 2017, it is our pleasure to inform on an oncoming Timber Trade Delegation to Belarus hosted by the Belarusian Universal Commodity Exchange (hereafter – BUCE) in partnership with the UK Department for International Trade, the Embassy of The Republic of Belarus in The United Kingdom and the Embassy of the United Kingdom in the Republic of Belarus.
Dates: 17-20 June 2018 (following «UK Day in Belarus» to be held on 16 June 2018)
Number of participants:
7 places, fully sponsored by the BUCE (except air tickets), first come – first served;
unlimited number of not sponsored places.
Focus: Sawn softwood direct supplies from Belarus to the UK
Registration deadline: 19 May 2018, click to download registration form
British companies will be introduced to the export sales of sawnwood from Belarus. You will meet Belarusian timber industry decision makers, including members of the Government, leadership of the Belarusian Universal Commodity Exchange (the only organization authorized for direct sales of sawnwood from sawmills), CEOs of Belarusian sawmills, traders and market experts.
Subsidized tour price: 0 GBP. Participants will have to cover airfare only. Discounted direct flight round trip tickets from Gatwick will be available at 220-250 pounds (economy class).
Sponsored places will be available on next conditions:
- senior level of participant with purchasing power (MD, Company Director, Director, senior business development/purchasing manager.).
- 1 company – 1 sponsored place. 2nd and next places for the same company – not sponsored places.
- Focus on direct sawn wood supplies to the UK
Not sponsored place: 350 GBP per person. Additionally participant has to cover airfare. Discounted airtickets for direct flight from Gatwick will be available at 220-250 pound.
Not subsidized tour is available for unlimited number of participants with different focus on supplies (panel products, wood flooring, furniture, prefab lumber houses etc.) and as well as for not senior staff of the company.
During this trade mission you will get in-depth information on :
- Timber industry within Belarus, sawn softwood export conditions; FYI: 2017 Belarusian timber trade/average prices in 2017.
- brokers services; pre-delivery independent inspection services; UK shipment services; discussing payment methods, long term sawnwood supplies etc.
- side focus for refunded places: information on panel production (chipboards, particle boards, plywood, fiberboards MDF, floor covering: laminated floor panels, solid wood flooring, parquet, etc.), glued laminated timber, prefabricated wooden houses, gardening and fencing etc.
- Free transportation within Belarus will be arranged for you to the factories and mills, meetings with the top-management of the companies will be orgagnised.
Highlights of the visit :
- Visit to the “Belarusian universal commodity exchange”, presentation, timber products online auction master class, meeting with traders, accredited at BUCE;
- Meeting with the Belarusian Production and Trade Concern of timber, woodworking, pulp and paper industry "Bellesbumprom"
- Reception for UK delegation on behalf of H.E. Ambassador of the United Kingdom Ms Fionna Gibb
- Individual visits to sawmills and woodworking factories, according to the interests of the each delegate.
Click to see the draft program of the visit for details.
The cost of tour includes:
- Accommodation: standard single room at the 4* Hotel
- All meals
- All transfers
- Full-time group guide/interpreter
This is a unique opportunity to learn about Belarusian timber market, establish new contacts and visit Belarus, that remains a blank spot on the map for many UK businesses. Organizers will do everything depending on them to make this visit effective and successful for each participant, as well as to show hidden beauties of friendly and hospitable Belarus!
If development of the database of new suppliers is not your responsibility, we would be grateful if you could send this letter to the business development team of the Iain McIlwee and British Woodworking Federation.
For further inquiries please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org