This award excellence in technical innovation, application, and achievement innovation in joinery product manufacture and design. This is a new award - splitting out 2015's Technical Award - to recognise innovation in design and technical excellence for a specific product, rather than a project. The 2017 Award is sponsored by Teknos.
The award will be judged against any of the following criteria:
• Innovation – a product that helps to showcase or extend the market for wood
• Design – Overcoming particular technical design difficulties or exploiting new concepts to produce the desired joinery solution(s)
• Excellence & Achievement – Evidence that the company has excelled in their technical application to reach a solution that exceeds the usual requirements and/or expectations of joinery product(s)
Entries are open to any UK based woodworking company. If you are interested in entering in 2017, please download the entry form here or email email@example.com and we will send you a form. Entries must be received by 8th September 2017.
The winner of the 2016 Project Design in Wood Award was the Joint entry from Howdens Joinery & Norma Doors for their Quick Fit Internal Door (pictured). Here you can view the shortlist for the awards.
Finalists for the Product Design in Wood 2016 were:
- Future Heritage Sash Windows Limited for their Prestige Sash Window;
- Howarth Windows & Doors Limited for their Town & Country Concealed Balance Sliding Sash Window;
- Joint entry from Howdens Joinery & Norma Doors for their Quick Fit Internal Door, and
- JELD-WEN UK for their Moulded FD30 Glazing Innovation